Monday, April 27, 2009

Mini Sirlion Burgers...Are they as good as the commercial?

This is what happens when your day doesn't turn out like you planned. So I'm driving around town looking for these damn Coconut Liners for my Flower Baskets which I can NOT find anywhere. I have to have these to do my planting. Whole day so far not GOOD. I'm hungry and frustrated and I see a sign "MINI BURGERS." I thought to myself, "I have been eating so healthy for 8 weeks what would hurt to try a Mini Sirloin Burger its SIRLOIN THAT'S GOOD. If you are like me and have been singing this Mini Sirloin Burger Song for weeks in YOUR head and it makes you LAUGH you would have pulled into to the fast food place too . I wondered if they are any good and do they look like the commercial all juicy and cute and all. You have to see the video before scrolling down to my comments. It's important that you really get into my HEAD on this. OK!!!

JACK IN THE BOX - Mini Sirloin Burgers

Drove up singing the Mini Sirloin Burger Song in my head. I am so happy and excited giggling as I order.

Penny says, "I'll have the Mini Sirloin Burger Meal Please." giggle giggle
JACK says, "What?"
Penny...What do you mean WHAT!!!" "I'll have the Mini Sirloin Burger Meal."
Jack... "Do you want the 2 PACK or the 6 PACK?"
Penny..."WHAT...I want THREE like the commercial"
Jack...."Sorry we have 2 pack or 6 pack."
Penny....So confused and NOT giggling anymore...."I guess I'll have the 2 PACK."
Jack...."Do you want the MEAL."
Penny....YES JACK, I want the MEAL that's a drink and fries, RIGHT"
No Answer from JACK.....

Jack actually sticks his head out the drive thru window and motions me to pull forward.

Penny to Jack at the window...."Is your intercom not working today? I thought I heard you say 2 pack or 6 pack?"...Still can not let it go. He confirms the packaging again. Jack hands me my very large drink.

Penny says..."What is this? I haven't told you what I wanted to drink yet."
Jack says as he takes the drink back...."SORRY what would you like?"
Penny..."A Diet Dr. Pepper and can I have a Jack Antenna Ball?"
Jack...."NO DIET DR. PEPPER AND NO ANTENNA BALL TODAY."
Penny..."OK, ANYTHING DIET"..getting upset mostly about the Three Mini Burger thing..I will NOT let it go.
Jack...Hands me Diet COKE and a Bag.

Penny....REALLY UPSET and AFRAID TO LOOK IN THE BAG at this point drives HOME.
Get home and open the bag and this is what I got.

An over sized Drink (the one in the commercial must be a kid size I thought)
A box of Fries (thinking the fries were in a little bag)
2 Very Small Burgers (I'm talking SMALL 2 1/2 X 2 1/2. Notice the THUMB indention on the SMALL DINNER ROLL, BISCUIT WANT TO BE (SO CALLED BURGER)..........FINGER PRINT....THAT'S NOT MINE.

So now I am THINKING something is NOT RIGHT HERE!!!!

So I go over to watch the commercial on U-TUBE and OMG... I went to BURGER KING not Jack-in-the-Box. No wonder the Jack guy was acting weird to me. I am sure he thought I was DRUNK or HIGH on something asking for Three Mini Burgers and a JACK ANTENNA BALL at Burger King. OMG....

BURGER KING is totally copying JACK in the BOX with the Mini Burger thing.

Next time I have a Fast Food Fit, I'm GOING TO JACK-IN-THE-BOX and try the REAL MINI SIRLOIN BURGERS. Will blog about them, Stay tuned. I really am hoping they look like THIS.

4 comments:

The Waters Family said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Oh my gosh-- that is hysterical-- I can't wait to hear how JACK's mini sirloin burgers compare to The Kings!!

mimi said...

Hi pen-lu, love Jack's commerial but hate the baby bugers.the kings taste like cardboard yuk....Home made is the way to go.

Andrea "The H family" said...

OH MY GOD MOM! THIS IS HILARIOUS!!

EO said...

OMG Penny great story!! LOL!!